The Enterprise general ledger module is a client based application and comes complete with a wide range of abilities from creating journal entries to reporting to viewing data on screen based on transaction level, account level and journal entry level. The accounting modules are all directly integrated in real time so as batches are being posted from AR, AP or CB the general ledger module is being updated in real time with the entries. There is no second step required to accept the data to the GL.
Users will find an ability, of course, to create journal entries. While these entries are being created there is an ability to record the entry as being recurring. Once an entry is flagged as recurring there will be a simple approach to locating the recurring batches for ease of duplicating or reversing the entry.
The module provides an ability to view data both on screen and from a reporting level. On screen you can expect to find ways to look at data from an account level, a transaction level and a journal entry level. There is a full suite of GL reports that will offer the reports that you’d expect such as the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, trial balance among others.
Additionally, the module offers a GL account structure that can accommodate 3 distinct parts. The account can be setup with its main code along with a prefix and a suffix to handle circumstances that warrant plant/division and departmental factions. If using the prefix and/or suffix to the GL account there is a benefit when printing reports that you are able to filter both balance sheet and the P&L at both the prefix and the suffix level to get a divisional and/or a departmental report.
Some of the key features of this module are:
- Create your entire wide array of journal entries
- Fully integrated to the 3 sub-ledger modules and posting is done in real time
- Quickly filter for recurring entries for easy access in order to duplicate and/or reverse an entry
- Setup budget information and have that data included on the profit & loss statement
- Setup general ledger accounts with 3 distinct parts so as to distinguish/report based on division, department or the whole
- Numerous reports exist such as the balance sheet, profit and loss, trial balance, etc
- View data from a transaction, journal entry or GL account perspective
- When highlighting a transaction referencing a source document, such as an AR or AP invoice there is ability to drill down and view the source document on screen