While the Estimating module is at the heart of the Enterprise system, Order Entry, its sister module, is equally important. Not every job needs to be estimated and Enterprise allows the user to enter job information without the need to first create an estimate. Not only can orders be entered by your staff, they can also be entered into a third party Web 2 Print application that integrates with Enterprise, thereby creating a job number and a job ticket.
Some key features and benefits of this module are:
- Order Entry will handle multiple styles of workflows in one place and combine them into one job – workflows such as Digital, Sheetfed, Web, Flexo, Mailing, Finished Goods, Business Forms, and even custom workflow types.
- Well integrated with a Request For Quote/Order module to more effectively deal with order information from Sales/CSRs to Job Planning. This capability alerts Order Entry staff that there is a request and gives them an easy way to view and edit these requests once they've come in
- Very easy search/sort/retrieval capabilities that allow you to keep as much historical data as you want. Easily retrieve past orders and make new copies from them. Users can also setup their own personal favorite searches and also their own default search in order to reduce the time it takes to get the information at your fingertips that you need
- Creates multiple styles of job tickets, all of which are easily customizable.
- Unique multi-plant capabilities that help users manage orders across multiple plants more efficiently
- Automated alerts and warnings that help prevent mistakes such as incorrect sizes, minimum/maximum sizes, forgetting to enter Paper and Inks, using a press capable of running the job, etc
- Proactive Inventory alerts and auto requisitioning of materials that are low. This proactively warns the user when placing an order if stock is low based on the requirements of the job and it will even auto generate a requisition to Purchasing
- Ability to attach and maintain files against an order. For example PDF files, Word Documents, ZIP files, email correspondence, shipping/mailing lists in a spreadsheet, etc. Users will be able to view these attached files on demand
- Request for Proposal capability that will let users enter and maintain multiple RFP bids for outside services against the order. This saves you time by giving you a central/easy to use place to request multiple bids from multiple vendors for a single outside service
- Integration to Outlook and other email servers to allow for easy sending of various documents (i.e. Quote Letter, Acknowledgement, Invoice, etc.) via email as an attached PDF. No need to get up and go to a fax machine or even save a PDF file first to the hard drive before attaching it to an email. One click of a button and you're there
- Extensive Template database to allow the user to store a library of commonly run jobs and give the user easy retrieval of these templates to make data entry quicker and with fewer mistakes
- Change Order capability to give users a way to easily capture Change Orders up front and attach them to the job. This will improve efficiency in both production and billing since the Change Orders will automatically update the job ticket and show in red and alert users in Data Collection when change orders exist. On the billing side it will ensure that additional line items will automatically be created on the invoice for the changes orders so they are not forgotten