EPMS Training Services
EPMS Training Programs
Over the years EPMS has designed several different programs to help customers implement their system properly and efficiently.
These programs include, ongoing training and audit programs that keep users current with new enhancements added yearly to EPMS applications.
Based on years of experience, each training program follows a basic methodology with enough flexibility to meet the customer’s individual business needs. For more detail on these programs, please review the information outlined below.
New User Training Programs
The EPMS New User Training Program provides all new customers and users with a thorough understanding of Enterprise 32 System and its Modules. This round of training can be used to kick off or move closer to implementation.
The New User Training Classes are conducted with individuals from the customer’s company only. Different companies will not be trained simultaneously during any of these sessions, thus eliminating subject matter irrelevant to the client and making optimum use of training time.
All New User Training is conducted in the EPMS 8 work-station training center.
In addition, training can be successfully conducted at the client’s facility if a suitable training environment is available. However, if this is not the case, training at EPMS is strongly advised. The EPMS training center allows for quality whole-group instruction, a model vital to consistency, problem solving, and sharing information.
New User Training typically runs from 3 to 5 days depending on the number of modules to be covered and on the customer’s specific implementation and business needs.
Key New User Training Program Benefits:
- Predefined training agenda, based on individual company needs
- Focused training objectives
- Flexible training schedule
- Flexible number of attendees each day (max 8 per day)
- All training conducted directly on a copy of the client company’s database
- One-on-one company training, no other companies involved
Existing User Refresher Training Programs
The Refresher User Training Program enhances or expands the current user’s knowledge of an EPMS application, such as the Enterprise 32 System. This training program can also be used to train new employees on a selected module, on a component of one of our systems, or on specific system functionality related to job responsibility. In all cases, the training class suits the needs of each customer and is typically a 1 to 2 day class conducted in the EPMS training center at the home office in Middleboro, MA.
The structure and content of any of these training sessions is free flowing and open ended. During the scheduling process, EPMS will work with its customers to create an agenda and to determine topics to be covered. Ultimately, the training program will meet whatever the client defines as the training requirements and objectives of the session.
Key Refresher Training Program Benefits:
- Customer designed training subject matter
- Flexible training objectives
- Flexible training schedule (number of days)
- Flexible number of attendees each day (max 8 per day)
- Training conducted directly on a copy of the client company’s database
- One-on-one company training, no other companies involved
Online User Training Programs
EPMS has developed several programs to schedule and conduct various product training sessions over the internet. These sessions can be scheduled by an individual company and its team members to address specific training needs. In addition, customers have the option to register for a variety of sessions posted on the Internet Training System Web Site.
Outlined below are a few different internet based training options available to customers:
- One-on-One Training Sessions are scheduled and conducted upon request with either an individual or a group from one company. These sessions can be requested via an incident through the EPMS Online Support System. The incident should delineate a specific agenda determined by the client so that EPMS can address specific training needs during the scheduled sessions. One-on-one training sessions are chargeable by the hour and will be invoiced upon completion.
- Bundled Internet Training Package is internet training time purchased in advance from EPMS in incremental bundles of 5 hours each. All bundles are offered at discount rates that increase as the hours increase from 5 to 10, 15, 20, 25, up to 30 hours. Interested customers can find pricing information for each bundled option by visiting the home page of EPMS Online Support System or contact Craig Andersen.
- Group Training Sessions are conducted at a date and time set by EPMS. Group Training Sessions focus on a specific topic and agenda, and are posted on EPMS internet training system web site, where customers may review a menu of available sessions. Some sessions are free for companies on the EPMS Service and Support Plan; others are chargeable, but at a discounted group rate. Customers interested in any of the sessions, should register online. "Click Image below to log into the EPMS / WebEx Online Training Center"
The Report Writing Training Program enhances users’ Crystal Report Writing experience with the goal of creating reports that can be utilized with the Enterprise 32 System. The training gives users the ability to modify existing system reports and/or stored procedures.
The class will review existing reports and stored procedures used by the Enterprise 32 application and will discuss how to define new reports and develop /modify stored procedures. Class content centers on its direct relationship to and use with Enterprise 32. The subject matter for each class may vary slightly depending upon the specific needs of each customer.
All training sessions will be held in the training center at the EPMS home office in Middleboro, MA.
Attendees are required to have:
- The ability to use and navigate around the Crystal Report Writer application, version 8.5 or greater
- A strong understanding of the Enterprise application, especially as it relates to reports
- An understanding of how to work within SQL and all its administrative tools
- At least minimal experience with store procedures and how they are created and applied
Attendees will be provided with:
- A copy of EPMS Report Writing Training Course Book
- A workstation on the EPMS training network
- Sample databases on CD included with the course book
Attendees wishing to conduct the practical part of the course using a copy of their company’s database must supply EPMS with that copy at least 4 days prior to the training session.
EPMS Development Services
Custom Projects Development Services
EPMS will consider custom development projects for current customers when the project is specifically related to direct use of any EPMS application.
Existing customers who wish to have EPMS consider a custom development project should submit an incident that includes a clearly defined specification document via EPMS Online Support System.
Upon receipt of the incident and specification document, EPMS will give consideration to taking on the project. If the project is accepted, a formal quote for the work outlined in the specification will then be sent out. When the terms of the quote are accepted, signed, and faxed back to EPMS, the project will be scheduled for development.
Custom Report Writing Development Services
The Enterprise 32 System package with a standard suite of reports collects and analyzes data in a simple and useful format to analyze and monitor print shop activities. Although these reports are adequate for most companies, some prefer to have them customized to better fit their specific business reporting needs.
All EPMS products use Crystal Reports, a third party report writing tool, and Query Analyzer, a Microsoft SQL server tool, to extract data into stored procedures or queries, which drive to the reports. Through Crystal Reports, basic format changes such as font, size, and color, can easily be made.
Because EPMS has years of report writing experience along with expertise in Enterprise 32 and its database, companies facing more challenging report requirements, may wish to contract EPMS to develop their custom reports. As an added benefit, these reports are covered under the EPMS Service and Support Plan, so clients do not have to be concerned with bringing their reports up to date with each new upgrade. EPMS will do it for them.
New and existing customers interested in contracting EPMS to develop one or more custom reports for use in Enterprise 32 may submit requests and find additional information at EPMS Online Support System, or contact Craig Andersen for further details and general inquires.
Those interested in training in writing custom reports for use with any EPMS product, should refer to Report Writing Training Program in the training section above.
EPMS Project Management and Implementation Services
Project Management Services
EPMS can be contracted to perform various Project Management tasks during the implementation phase of new Enterprise 32 Systems and/or any of its modules. Actual Project Management needs will vary and will be determined by the specific requirements of the customer’s implementation.
Listed below are typical Project Management tasks commonly performed during implementation; however, actual Project Management services can go well beyond what is listed here.
- Creation and management of an implementation project plan
- Implementation task and resource assignment management
- Coordination of implementation project management conference calls for the purpose of project review and control
New or existing customers interested in contracting EPMS to perform one or more Project Management services during an implementation phase, may submit requests and find additional information on EPMS Online Support System or contact Craig Andersen for further details and general inquiries.
Database Import Services
EPMS can be contracted to assist customers in the construction of their new Enterprise 32 Database, commonly referred to as a Data Shell, by performing various Database Import Tasks (DTS), from specified data files provided by the customer. Listed below are examples of common types of data that can be imported into the Enterprise 32 Database:
- Customer and contact information
- Supplier and contact information
- Material list
- Cost Center Detail
- Process Detail
Existing customers interested in contracting EPMS to perform one or more database import tasks (DTS) during the implementation phase of a new Enterprise 32 System, may submit requests and find additional information at EPMS Online Support System or contact Craig Andersen for further details and general inquiries.
System Audit Services
Customers who have been using Enterprise 32 System for some time but have not participated in recurrent training or kept abreast of new enhancements, may not be using the program to its full potential. For those customers, EPMS offers an Enterprise 32 System Audit that can be conducted at the customer’s facility or remotely via Webex.
During this audit, EPMS will review the system setup and the way the Enterprise 32 application is used to conduct daily business (work flow). Based on the evaluation, the EPMS implementer will provide the customer with a site audit report that will outline problems and recommend solutions.
Existing customers interested in conducting an Enterprise 32 System Audit, may submit requests and find additional information at EPMS Online Support System or contact Craig Andersen for further details and general inquiries.
EPMS / Webex On-Line Support and Training
"Click Image to log into the EPMS / WebEx Online Training System"
Enterprise 32…a modular system that will efficiently manage your business processes, production processes and workflow.
Enterprise .Net … tools to keep your company on the leading edge of the market, ensuring your place in the e-commerce world.
Over the years, EPMS has developed a wide range of Interfaces and Connection Tools to various third party applications, all of which EPMS supports.
EPMS Product Partners
EPMS Business Partners
Over the years, EPMS has developed several key relationships with other companies that provide various products and services related to the direct use of EPMS products….